- January 12th – 15th - Pardi
Gras in New Orleans - Join some of the Krewe in New Orleans
for a fun weekend of trop rock music! www.pardi-gras.com.
A bunch of our members are going and our own Kelly Brown
will be performing at the Bourbon O Bar on Friday from 12:00-1:00. Come join us for fun in NOLA. Les
Bon Temps Roule!
- Saturday, January 19th - Parrot
Head Fun Day – Escape Rooom at Whatz Up followed by miniture golf. The bar is open, come on out and join us! Seven Points.
- January 28th - Zest Fest in
Irving. For those that like hot and spices sauces, we always have a group meet at the Convention Center at 10 AM to get our heat on! If you are interested in going meet at the Irving Convention Center just before 10 AM. Tickets can be bought in advance at: http://zestfest.net For more info, contact Robert Render.
- Friday - Sunday, February 2nd - 4th - Lone Star Luau – Great Music weekend in Marble Falls, TX with Thom Sheperd, Coley McCabe! For details go to Lone Star Luau.
- Friday, February 4th - Super Bowl Watching Party 5:00 p.m. til ... Alan and Tracye will host a Superbowl party at their home; 170 Shady Shores Dr. Mabank 75156.
Please bring a snack food and drink of choice. Superbowl pot is sold out!
Text Tracye after Janurary 25th for your numbers!! 817-475-1139
- Friday, February 9th - Planning Meeting – 6:30 PM at Boondocks. Come find out the latest, help plan and hang out with other great Parrot Heads!
- Saturday, February 24th Bowling Party at Lakeplex Lanes in
Seven Points. You can form your own team of 4 or we can put you on a team when you get there. There will be prizes for Best and Worst Teams, Best and Worst Individual and you can participate in some Bowling Poker for $5.00 a game – You get 2 cards for each strike and 1 card for each spare and the best Poker Hand each game wins half the money – the other half goes to the Cedar Creek Humane Society! Also feel bring to supplies for the Humane Society or cash donations. Price of Bowling is $10.00 a person. The fun starts at 2:00 p.m.
- Friday, March, 3rd - Planning Meeting - 6:30 PM in Meeting Room at Whatz Up (upstairs ) at 6:30 PM Great meeting place and they have a cash bar! Come meet other Parrot Heads and learn what is going on!
- Tuesday, March 20th - Cedar Creek Lake Chamber of Commerce Business After Hours – sponsored by Cedar Creek Lake PHC and Cedar Creek Brewery! 5:30 to 7:00 PM – come on out and meet Chamber members and enjoy some food and drink and music by Larry Penny.
- Friday, April 6th - Planning Meeting – 6:30 PM at Cedar Creek Brewery - followed by music from Eric Stone – a great Trop Rock Musician from Florida! This is a great opportunity to come meet some other Parrot Heads, help plan events, find out what is going on and maybe volunteer to help with something we have coming up!
- Saturday, April 7th- Denim & Diamonds X -Welome to Fabulous Las Vegas – 6:00 PM at the Athens Country Club. Come out and support the Library at Cedar Creek. Our own Kelly Brown and The Bad Monkeys are the night's entertainment. For details, go to Denim & Diamonds.
- Friday, April 13th - Angels in Tropical Shirts Music Festival – Kick Off Party! Cedar Creek Brewery from 6 PM to 9 PM - several great musicians will play!
- Saturday, April 14th - Angels in Tropical Shirts at Boondocks from Noon to 10 PM- musicians include Larry Penny, Don Burke, Scotty Shuffield, The Bad Monkeys, Hanna’s Reef and Donny and the Dock Rockers! Admission free for all Parrot Heads! Non Parrot Heads there will be a $10.00 cover after 4 PM. Silent Auction, Raffles, and other ways to donate to Angels in Tropical Shirts Cancer Benefit!
- Sunday, April 15th - AngelsMusic from The Detentions!
- Saturday, April 21st - Annual Corn Hole Tournament – Registration for 2 people teams starts at 11:30 AM and the Double Elimination Tournament starts at 12:30 PM. Price per team is $25.00 and benefits the Cedar Creek Lake Humane Society. Look for Rules and Entry forms soon.
- Saturday, April 21st - 6th Annual Whiskers and Wags Gala – benefiting the Friends of the Animals and Humane Socitey of Cedar Creek Lake. 6:00 - 10:00 p.m. at CR Legacy Event Center in Gun Barrel City. For details visit Whiskers & Wags.
- Saturday, April 28th 3rd Annual Cedar Creek Lake Festival - Sponsored by Cedar Creek Lake Parrot Head Club - Event is at the Brewery from Noon to 6 PM and will have about 100 booths, music, events, kids zone, food and drink! Booth information available at Brewery. Our Club will have a booth and great way to meet new members! Join the club, purchase Club Merchandise and enjoy a fun day at Cedar Creek Brewery. Vendors from all around the lake will be there. https://www.facebook.com/cedarcreeklakefest/
- Sand Fest April 27 - 29 -Texas
Sand Fest each year a bunch of us travel down the sandcastle building festival at the beach for a long weekend of fun, music, food and beach time. Fun weekend for the whole family! http://texassandfest.com/
- Friday, May 4th - Parrot Head
Planning Meeting - 6:30 PM Boondocks (previously Coconuts Island Grille) on 334 beween the bridges.
- Sunday, May 27th - Annual Cramm Memorial Day Blowout! Tate and Kim Cramm’s house 1419 Live Oak in Tool (Sport and Rest Subdivision) – 1 PM on! Hotdogs and hamburgers provided – bring a side dish, BYOB and wear your swimsuit!
- Friday, June 1 - Parrot Head
Planning Meeting - 6:30 PM Boondocks (previously Coconuts Island Grille) on 334 beween the bridges.
- Saturday, Saturday, June 30th - Hartman Air Show Party – starts at 3 PM – Scott and Mary Hartman’s house (on the west side of the lake) is one of the best places to watch the Thunder Over Cedar Creek Lake Air Show! Join us starting at 3:00pm for a great afternoon.
We always like to party with a purpose so Scott and Mary have chosen Angels in Tropical Shirts as their charity for their party. They are selling raffle tickets for a Mini-Max Green Egg package ($20 each) and a 50/50 raffle – winning ticket gets half the pot and the other half goes to Angels ($5 each). Tickets at Scott and Mary’s party. The fun starts at 3:00 p.m. Hope to see you there!
Bring a side to share. BYOB. Stay till after dark for Scott’s Fantastic Fireworks Show (say that fast 3 times)! Scott and Mary address is 118 Baker B Ranch Rd, Trinidad, Texas 75163
- Friday, July 6th - Parrot Head
Planning Meeting - 6:30 PM Boondocks(on 334 beween the bridges.
- Friday, July 20th - Poker Run – Pre Registration at Boondocks
- pre registration from 6 PM to 9 PM. $25 per poker hand. Don't forget to get the 2017 Poker Run
t-shirt! Boondocks is located at 2101 E Cedar Creek Pkwy in Seven Points, TX
- Saturday, July 21st - Poker Run Registration – Boondocks – 10 AM to Noon - Come on out buy your poker run hands, buy poker run merchandise, renew your membership in the club or if not a member join, buy raffle tickets and enjoy meeting and mingling with 200 or 300 hundred great people!
- Poker Run Stops from 11:30 AM to 4 PM
- Poker Run Party at Tom Finley Park from 4 PM to 9 PM – look at the schedule below
- The Bad Monkeys playing from 4 PM until 7 PM
- Poker Hands opened from 4 PM until 7 PM
- Silent Auction from 4 PM until 7 PM
- Raffle Tickets sold for Booze Barrel 4 PM until 7 PM
- Live Auction 7 PM
Poker Run Winners announced, raffle winner drawn, and best dressed crew announced – after Live Auction
July 22nd - 9:30 - Clean up at the Park - Meeting at to leave the park better than we got it – come on out if you can!
11AM – Heading up to B n R Country in Mabank for a Bloody Mary and lunch if you want to come out!
July 27th – July 29th - Riddles in the Sand in Galveston, Texas - Our friends with the Galveston Bay Parrot Head Club put on a great event
down by the beach in Galveston.
Our friends with the Galveston Bay Parrot Head Club put on a great event
down by the beach in Galveston It’s
a great long weekend trip – we will be talking about in the meetings – but
you may as well get your hotel reservation and register now!
- Friday, August 3rd - Parrot
Head Planning Meeting – 6:30 PM – Boondocks.
- Saturday, August ? - Join
the phun at Mike & Molly Pyle's Annual Luau. Stay tuned for details. Party starts around 5 PM – Mike and Molly
are providing the main side dishes – think Hawaiian and bring a side dish, your bathing suit
and BYOB. There will be great food and a swim-up bar (if you put your cooler on
the side of the pool!) There address is 113 Slaughter Ranch Road in Trinidad (Key Ranch).
We will be collecting items for the CCL Humane Society at the party – here is their wish
- Clorox Bleach
- Laundry Detergent (“He” only)
- Heavy Duty Cleaning Supplies
- Dawn and Antibacterial Dish Soap
- Paper Towels and Toilet Paper
- Heavy Duty 40 Gallon 3 ply Trash Bags (3 mil)
- Canned Dog Food (Lamb or Chicken & Rice)
- Dry Cat Food (No Red Dye)
- Cat Litter
- Dog Biscuits and Cat Treats
- Similac Formula
- Kong Toys
- Lead Leashes
- Friday, September 1st - 3rd
Labor Day Weekend!
- Friday, September 8th - Parrot Head Planning Meeting – 6:30 PM – location to be announced.
- Saturday, September 15th - Angels in Tropical Shirts Golf Tournament - shotgun start at 8:00 a.m. at Kings Creek Golf Course in Kemp. Anita and Kelly Brown’s Charity Organization benefiting Cancer Research is putting on this amazing event! We have all been touched by this terrible disease and this is a fun way to fight back!!!! You can play for $70.00 which includes green fees, cart, lunch, 2 mulligans and a goody bag! Our Club is a proud Sponsor of this event. You can form your own team or just sign up and we will get you a team. Check back for details.
For more information contact Anita Brown at 214-402-5743, Kelly Brown at 214-641-9844 or Robert Render at 972-898-9493
- Friday, October 5th - Parrot
Head Planning Meeting – 6:30 PM Location TBD.
- Saturday, October 20th - Annual Chili and BBQ Cook-off at Tom Finley Park! Opens to public at 11 AM and ends around 5 PM Start practicing with your chili recipes and your favorite BBQ – I expect this will be our biggest year ever!
- Saturday, October 13th - Annual Bus trip to Margaritaville Casino in Bossier City The bus leaves from Gun Barrel City at 8 AM and returns at 9 PM that night – the cost per person is $45.00 and you can bring small ice chests on the bus! This may be our last year as this Casino has been sold and will change after the first of the year. If you are interested get your money into Robert Render limited to first 40 people
- Saturday, October 27th - Brew Beer Bus trip to visit 4 breweries in Dallas (costumes encouraged) – followed by Halloween Party at Cedar Creek Brewery! - Going to 4 Breweries in Dallas – the bus is leaving from Cedar Creek Brewery around 10 AM and return around 5 PM! Stay tuned for more details.
- Friday, November 2nd - PHC Planning Meeting – 6:30 PM Location TBD.
- Thursday, November 1st - 5th - 26th Annual Meeting of the Minds in Key West.
Annual phlocking of Parrot Heads from around the world. Visit
https://www.phip.com/meeting for details
- Thursday, November 22nd - Happy Turkey Day!
- Friday, December 1nd- Planning Meeting – 6:30 PM Location TBD.
- Saturday, December 15th -
Holiday Party at The Render's house BYOB!